Thread: Info about the Club

Info about the Club

Hello all. Wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I figured the "Off Topic" section would be appropriate. My wife and I are interested in joining the club, but we had a few questions before we register.
    1) How active is the club?
    2) What is the average turnout for an event?
    3) What is the typical demographic? i.e. is it usually the same folks?
    4) Are children (pre-teen and teen) welcome to join the events?
    5) What does a typical event look like? i.e. do you all cruse together? Meet up at the location?

Thank you! Admin, please move this to the appropriate thread to delete as necessary.
    --
    JV
    '79 Tri-Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by johnvilla99 View Post
    Hello all. Wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I figured the "Off Topic" section would be appropriate. My wife and I are interested in joining the club, but we had a few questions before we register.
    1) How active is the club?
    2) What is the average turnout for an event?
    3) What is the typical demographic? i.e. is it usually the same folks?
    4) Are children (pre-teen and teen) welcome to join the events?
    5) What does a typical event look like? i.e. do you all cruse together? Meet up at the location?

Thank you! Admin, please move this to the appropriate thread to delete as necessary.

Welcome and we would love to have you join the TBC. I am sorry as I did not catch your name but see you are in Bothell. Where are you moored at? The club is I would say very active for a group (cult) of boat owners. We do not have facilities we maintain so we are as stated a boating club. We hold what we call mini's all over the sound throughout the year. Each of these events draw 10 to 20 boats which around half are local more local to the events. Quite a few members as well as bridge members make most minis by car if they are a substantial distance from their home port. Demographic is mixed at each event and children of all ages are welcome. Most events people meet up at the event's but definitely not unheard of to see people traveling together. The big event of the year in Roche Harbor in June draws a much larger group which is usually 60 plus boats and has been over 100 in past years. Any questions feel free to contact me through this site or Facebook and can give you more info.

Thanks, Duane O
    2018/19 Commodore
    Duane and Shelly
    Our Heaven (34 Flybridge Sedan)
    22' North River (Jet)