These baked jalapeño poppers are great for a Tolly because you don’t need a deep fryer. Just pop in the oven and enjoy! Perfect for docktails
Jalepeño Poppers (Baked) - Sandra Lewis (Paradigm Shift / Shiloh)
- 12 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4.5 oz cream cheese
- 5 green onions, green part only, sliced
- 2 oz shredded cheese - sharp cheddar or pepperjack work great
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs, breadcrumbs or other crumbly topping
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- salt and fresh pepper
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 350° (if using a propane stove, move the rack up so the peppers don't burn before the cheese melts).
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membrane.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar and scallions in a medium bowl.
- Combine panko, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Fill peppers with cheese filling with a small spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle with crumb mixture, using a spoon to make sure all the seasoning doesn't fall to the bottom of the bowl.
- Spray a baking pan with oil spray.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until golden and cheese oozes out.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Serve hot.