What are your favourite cookies? I made these pizzelle cookies with my mom and they are my favs to make for our Tollyclub events. Hope you enjoy them as much as my family does!!
*** Tollyclub approved ****
© Liz Trythall (MsLyzz)
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups of flour (approximate)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, melted (1/2 lb) - do not use more than one cup
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla or anise
- Beat eggs adding sugar gradually. Beat until smooth. Add cooled, melted butter and vanilla or anise.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture.
- Dough will be sticky enough to be dropped by spoonful (about 1 1/2 tbsp) onto pizzelle maker.
- Follow the pizzelle maker instructions- I check every 1 to 2 minutes until the cookies are a light tan in color.
- Cool on rack and stack as you go
- Serve plain or dusted with powdered sugar.
- While hot, shape into a cone or roll into a cylinder and fill with your favorite cream filling.
- Store in an airtight container
PS: Don’t have a pizzelle cookies maker? I sent my daughter this one from Amazon.
See more Tollyclub recipes or send your favourite Tolly recipes to share with other members