- This event has passed.
Opening Day Logboom – Seattle Yacht Club
May 5 - May 8
Steve & Charlene Dittoe (The Big W, 1977 Tollycraft 48, email Steve)
The mini cruises are GREEN events! Bring your own plates, cups, glasses, cutlery, etc to breakfast, docktails and dinners to help us reduce the waste generated by the disposable versions.
(as of April 29)
- Big W
- Island Time
- Pier Pressure
- Sans Souci (61)
- Sea Knot
- The Great Escape
Add your Tolly to the list by registering below!
- This is a four day event. You can start tying up to the boom on Thursday at 1 p.m. and stay until Sunday.
- On Friday, the Seattle Yacht Club (SYC) has Dock 0 set up where you can cruise in and look at all the decorated boats that go through the parade
- Also on Friday, there is live music at the SYC and “Party at the Cut” which you can pay a cover to attend (food and drinks and normally a theme)
- Saturday is the crew races and opening day boat parade which is about 2 1/2 hours and so awesome!
- The Tollyclub will host a hot dog bbq on Saturday for attendees and also provide doughnuts for breakfast.
- Attendees are invited to join in the club events at the SYC and Queen City Yacht Club during the Opening Day Festivities. Thank-you to the Tollyclub members for these invitations!
- SYC’s theme for opening day this year is the “Roaring 20s”.
- Registration for this event is based on your Tolly’s beam as this is a raft-up event using the logboom in Lake Washington
- Please select your Tollycraft model below to determine your registration fee.
- Everyone is welcome to join our Tolly Fun! If your Tolly is not currently registered with the Tollycraft Boating Club, there is a non-member surcharge to cover expenses associated with the event. Following the event, you will receive a discount code to join the Tollycraft Boating Club. The code is valid for 30 days and saves you $10 off the new member registration fee.
- After March 31, refunds will only be issued if your spot on the logboom can be filled by another Tollycraft member. Any refund will be based on the beam of the Tolly(s) replacing you on the logboom.
Logboom Tips and Tricks
- *You must drop anchor then stern tie to the boom. Some people get intimidated by this- it’s very easy and we will be there to help with this.*
- Everyone is rafted together for this event- you better like your neighbour!
- To visit another boat, you will need to boat hop. We have always encouraged everyone to ask before hopping!
- The water is closed to all boat traffic Saturday morning beginning at 8:30 a.m. until the crew races and boat parade are open. Pet people and people who brings friends, need to take care of those matters before 8:30. It will re-open again after the parade at approximately 2 p.m.
- Bring your dinghy, great dinghy cruising all weekend, and it is the only way to get to shore! There is a dinghy dock at the UW to pick friends up and walk dogs