Named by Ms Lyzz’s 5-year old grandson Mac, these cookies are fun, decadent, chocolatey and oh so easy!
© Liz Trythall (MsLyzz, 1995 Tolly 53)
Yield: 16 to 24 cookies
- 1 package Double Chocolate Chip Cookie mix
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Cavanaugh’s chocolate chips
- Preheat convection oven to 325 degrees or regular oven to 350; line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the cookie mix, egg, cream cheese and mix until it is all well combined. The mixture will be very thick.
- Make 16 -24 balls (use medium ice cream scooper to make balls)
- Place 4 or 5 chocolate chips in center
- Bake for 15 minutes (convection oven) or 12 minutes (regular oven)
- While cookies are hot add a few more chocolate chips on top. Let them melt and smooth with knife. Top with another chocolate chip,
- Allow the cookies to cool for 4-5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.