2023 Tollycraft Boating Club Rendezvous FAQs and Information
It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Tolly World
Whether this is your first or 35th Tollycraft Boating Club Rendezvous, here are some FAQs and info to help make this a great event for everyone on your Tolly!
Check back as we update these FAQs with more information as we continue making this an amazing celebration of all things Tolly!
(as of June 5)
- Ala Wai (1963 Tolly 36 Mariner) Canada
- Attitude 48º (1979 Tolly 40 Tri Cabin)
- Best Years (1978 Tolly 37) 1st Rendezvous
- Betsy (1977 Tolly 40) 1st Rendezvous
- Big Sister (1972 Tolly 34)
- Big W (1977 Tolly 48)
- Bootyscratcher (1978 Tolly 26)
- Cabaret (1980 Tolly 43)
- Can’t Complain (2006 American Tug 34)
- Clam Chop (1981 Tolly 26)
- Cool Change (1988 Tolly 34)
- Copacetic (1988 Tolly 44)
- Dakota Star (Tolly 37)
- Dem Bones (1985 Tolly 37) Canada
- Destiny (1989 Tolly 34)
- DevilDawg (Tolly 40 Sedan)
- Done Workin’ (1986 Tolly 48 Sedan)
- Doriss (1977 Tolly 37)
- Dr. Tealgood (1979 Tolly 26) 1st Rendezvous
- Enough Time (2005 Nordic Tug 32)
- Eva Mae (1988 Tolly 30) 1st Rendezvous
- Favourite Child (1979 Tolly 34)
- Fearless (1993 Tolly 55)
- Firefly (1981 Tolly 26)
- Firefly II (1991 Tolly 40 Sedan)
- Florence Kay (1979 Tolly 26)
- Fortuna (1978 Tolly 48)
- Freedom (Tolly 48)
- Hoku Ala (1995 Tolly 48)
- Holiday (1991 Tolly 48)
- Hombre (1982 Tolly 48 Sedan)
- Island Skipper (1992 Tolly 44)
- Island Time (1984 Tolly 48)
- JaCarol (1984 Tolly 37)
- Kells Folly (1985 Tolly 30)
- Killin’ Time (1992 Tolly 57)
- Klettitat (1986 Tolly 44)
- Lagom (1978 Tolly 48)
- Little Bear (1979 Tolly 30)
- Nor’West (1989 Tolly 40)
- Majestic (1978 Tolly 34) 1st Rendezvous
- My Sweet Girl (1988 Tolly 34)
- Obsession (1984 Tolly 34)
- Opportunity (1987 Tolly 30)
- Our Heaven (1981 Tolly 34)
- Pacific Time (1992 Tolly 48)
- Pier Pressure (1983 Tolly 26)
- R-POD (1992 Tolly 40 Sedan) 1st Rendezvous
- Redi or Knot (1976 Tolly 26) 1st Rendezvous
- Renewal (1965 Tolly 38)
- Ripple (1992 Tolly 44) 1st Rendezvous
- RY NIKA (1985 Tolly 37)
- Salish Sojurn (1988 Tolly 44)
- Salubrious (1977 Tolly 48) Canada
- Saltaire (1987 Tolly 34 Sundeck) Canada
- Sans Souci (1993 Tolly 32)
- Sea At Last (1989 CHB 44) 1st Rendezvous
- SeaEscape (1973 Tolly 26)
- Sea Horse (1974 Tolly 26) 1st Rendezvous
- Sea Inn Things (1988 Tolly 40) Canada
- Seawind (1980 Tolly 34)
- Sigatris (Tolly 26)
- Shanti’ (1989 Tolly 34)
- Shiloh (1978 Tolly 37) Canada
- Springtide (1989 Tolly 40) Canada | 1st Rendezvous
- Stolen Moments (1977 Tolly 30) Canada | 1st Rendezvous
- Synthia 1st Rendezvous
- Tranquility (1985 Tolly 37)
- Sun-Days (1978 Tolly 37)
- Uncorked (1978 Tolly 30)
- Wanderer (1991 Tolly)
- Water Therapy (1988 Tolly 34)
- Water Wings (Tolly 44)
- Woman to Blame (1983 Tolly 43)
Join us in front of the Hotel de Haro on Saturday evening at approximately 8 p.m. for a group photo. This is our final group event for the Rendezvous and a wonderful memento of the weekend.
Please note that alcohol is NOT allowed on the Roche Harbor grounds.
Roche Harbor – Moorage & More
Moorage at Roche Harbor
The Rendezvous registration fee does not include moorage. Payment for your moorage is completed directly with the marina staff once you arrive at Roche Harbor. And they come to your slip!
For guests staying until Sunday, there is no charge for moorage on Wednesday. Check-in is after 1 p.m.
Reserving your slip
Slip reservations will be completed using the Dockwa App with Roche Harbor. The link for our group reservation was included in your confirmation email. Please contact email@example.com if you need it resent.
Upon entering Roche Harbor contact the Harbor Master on Channel 78A for a slip assignment. Let the Harbor Master know you are with the Tollycraft Rendezvous. Roche Harbor dock staff will be there to assist you with docking.
Depending on the size of your boat and the size of the slip you are assigned, you may share with another Tolly member – a great way to get know more people.
Entering Roche Harbor
We encourage you to consult your favourite cruising guide and tide and current tables when planning your arrival and departure.
From past experience, it is best to enter Roche Harbor on the West side of Pearl Island. The channel on the east side of the island is shallow and in line with dangerous rocks outside.
Roche Harbor Dock Staff
Roche Harbor provides someone from their dock staff to assist us. They request you contact a bridge member if you need anything, and not ask the dock staff directly.
Shopping at Roche Harbor
Want a Roche Harbor souvenir or two for your fabulous time at the Tollycraft Boating Club Rendezvous? Then be sure to let the gift shops know you are with the Rendezvous for a discount (please have your club name tag with you)!
Food & Drink
(G) = Bring your own plates, utensils, cups, mugs, glasses, etc.
Please see the Rendezvous schedule for most current dates and times. Every effort will be made to update this FAQ but the event schedule takes precedent.
NEW FOR 2023! Join us in the main tent on for dinners Wednesday through Saturday!
Early Bird Welcome Docktails (G)
Get the Rendezvous started with dockatils on Wednesday beginning at 4 p.m. We’ll be tapping a couple of kegs or you can BYOB
Hwy 74 BBQ and Beer Dinner (G)
NEW FOR 2023!! Join us for dinner on Wednesday – we’ll have the grills fired up and the beer on ice!
Coffee and Donuts (G)
Donuts and coffee/tea will be served in the smaller tent Thursday, Friday and Sunday from 7 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Docktails (BYOB, (G))
Join us for docktails on Thursday, Friday and Saturday before dinner. See schedule for times
JACK BENNY Potluck Dinner (G)
This potluck dinner may be the culinary highlight of the weekend. Starting at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, we’ll share food, laughter and make new friends.
RANCHO CONEJO Fiesta Dinner (G)
Join us on Friday beginning at 5:30 p.m. for a Fiesta dinner.
ETHEL MERMAN Pancake Breakfast (G)
Join us on Saturday from 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. for our traditional Pancake Breakfast. Our friends from the Canadian Tollycruisers are offering up Caesars (spicy or mild, alcoholic or non-alcoholic) to go with your breakfast.
The Roche Harbor staff have developed a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Tolly World themed final dinner to wrap up our Rendezvous!
Tollyclub Store, 50/50, Auction Raffle, Donations
The Tollyclub store will be fully stocked with Tolly Gear including all new items for 2023. This is the biggest sales event of the year, so don’t pass up this opportunity to update your wardrobe and Tolly’s decor.
50/50 tickets will be sold Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Look for the volunteers in the red aprons walking up and down the dock (there’s also a good chance they’ll find you).
Tickets are 5 for $5 OR 25 for $20.
There will be a drawing every evening. The winner receives 50% of the sales for that day. The remaining 50% goes to the club.
There will also be a second and a third drawings for additional prizes.
RETURNING IN 2023! The Tollycraft Boating Club is donating 5% of its 50/50 proceeds to Princess Louisa International in honour of Mr. R.M. Tollefson’s love and respect for this cruising destination. He first visited Princess Louisa in this own 23-foot wooden boat with his brother and a friend in 1938. By the time he retired from boating at the age of 90 he had visited more than 50 times (sometimes doing 2 or 3 trips a year).
One of Tolly’s final wishes was to have some of his ashes spread in the waters at the base of Chatterbox Falls. In conjunction with this request, the Canadian Tollycruisers commissioned a memorial bench and donated it to the park at the base of Chatterbox Falls. To this day, Princess Louisa Inlet and Chatterbox Falls remain a must-do cruise for Tollycraft owners in both the USA and Canada.
Buster Keaton (Silent) Auction Raffle
On Friday, June 23, purchase your auction raffle tickets from our volunteers and explore our auction display. To bid, leave as many tickets as you’d like for your favourite item(s).
Tickets are $5 each OR 5 tickets for $20
There’s no limit to how many tickets you can place in any given box nor how many items you can bid on.
The winning tickets will be drawn on Friday following dinner.
RETURNING IN 2023! The Tollycraft Boating Club is donating 5% of the proceeds of the Cat in the Hat Auction to the Columbia Maritime Museum in support of their new exhibit featuring Mr. Tollefson and all things Tollycraft. This exhibit is still in the planning stage and once more details are known, we will share with you.
If you have items to donate to the auction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and bring them to the small tent by 8:30 a.m. on Friday morning.
The Rendezvous Theme – It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Tolly World
The 2023 Tollyclub Rendezvous theme is It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Tolly World, based on the classic 1960s movie. The events and decor during the Rendezvous are based around this theme.
Join in our Mad, Mad theme by:
- Decorating your boat
- Dressing the part during our final dinner on Saturday evening
- If your pet is attending the Rendezvous, be sure to include an appropriately themed outfit for our Edie Adams Pet Parade.
First time (or first time in a while) attending a Tollyclub Rendezvous?
If this your first (or it’s been a while) Rendezvous, please join Korinne Peterson (Bootyscratcher) and Glen Peters (Favourite Child) for a Meet & Greet with other new and returning members. (Time TBD based on arrival times)
This is your chance to meet other newcomers, Bridge members, ask any questions you may have and start the fun of Rendezvous weekend.
For more ideas on what to expect check out the photos from our most recent Rendezvous.
Saturday night is Awards Night at the Tollycraft Boating Club Rendezvous!!
The following awards are based on secret ballot by all participants. You will find your ballot in your welcome package. During the weekend you will have the opportunity to meet other Tolly owners and see their boats to complete your ballot.
- Best of Show
- Best Original Tolly
- Best Restored Tolly
- Best Decorated Tolly
The following awards are determined by the Commodore:
- Best Costume
- Commodore’s Award
The marina or yacht club with the most Tollycraft attending the Rendezvous will receive an award and its members bragging rights!
Volunteers make our Rendezvous great! A couple hours (or so) of help ensures everyone has a wonderful experience.
Volunteer assignments will be sent via email a week (or so) before the Rendezvous and included in your Rendezvous goodie bag!
Thank-you in advance for volunteering and helping make the Tollycraft Boating Club Rendezvous amazing!
Annual General Meeting
All Honorary and current Full Tollycraft Boating Club members are invited to cast their votes at the Annual General Meeting on Friday beginning at 10 a.m. in the main tent.
All club members can expect to receive a meeting package a week or so before the AGM.
Plans are underway for an improved Zoom experience so all club members can participate in the Annual General Meeting.
Marina/Yacht Club Rendezvous Challenge
Help your marina and/or yacht club win the prize for the most Tollycrafts in attendance at the 2022 Tollycraft Boating Club Rendezvous
How? It’s really quite simple, when you register for the Rendezvous, there is a space to include your marina and/or yacht club. Based on that info, we’ll count the Tollycrafts at the Rendezvous and announce the winner on Saturday night. The marina or yacht club with the most Tollycrafts receives a certificate and its members get bragging rights for the next 12 months!
But wait!! Why not help your marina and/or club win the prize by encouraging other Tollycraft owners at your marina and/or yacht club to attend the Rendezvous?
To help you spread the word, we’ll be linking some files (SOON) you can download and post on your club’s social media or website as well as print and hand out on the docks.
Registration & Refunds
- Registration for the Rendezvous closes on May 20. This deadline is set in conjunction with Roche Harbor’s requirements and our ordering timelines. As such, these dates are firm, and we encourage you to register early.
- Everyone who registers by April 15 will be entered into a draw for a $50 gift certificate for the Tollyclub Store.
- Late registration is available from May 21 to June 2. Every effort will be made to accommodate late registrations but cannot be guaranteed.
- See more registration details and complete your registration online
- Full refunds (minus 10% administration fee) are available for cancellations until May 20.
- Between May 21 and June 2, cancellations receive a partial refund ($75).
We look forward to welcoming you to the Tollycraft Boating Club Rendezvous and if you have any questions, please contact us.